Sunday, December 28, 2008

HALF A DAY WITHOUT ELECTRICITY....

Its sunday n ten in d mornin n am busy orkuttin ,when all of a sudden there is a power cut !!my first reaction wud be ,SHIT!!! cant this wait til i finish commentin for these pics?!?...hmph!!then once d U P S hurries me to switch it off wid its incessant beeps ,along with my brothers voice boomin across d hall sayin,"Sindhu switch off d comp NOW!!!!!"in a hurry i Alt+F4 everything,i switch off mains n i take a small walk inside the house...As i step outside the room,my grand mom whines cos she jus missed watchin her favourite serial ,i go past d tv n sad her to my bro who is busy wid his mobile tokin to someone seriously...leavin him alone i peep into my dads room who is havin short nap i let him rest,i jus give a quick a glance at ma neighbours house...gud so its not jus my place(mean me) n i go to my mom who is in d kitchen ...nw she is frettin cos d power cut has wrecked her cookin plans...i can c d half ground batter, n electric cooker emmitin no light..she just leaves everythin as it as n sits in d dinin chair....bro enters now n is frustrated cos d battery in his mobile has drained ...quiet contradictorily am bein yelled cos he claims that i drained his battery by playin quadra pop !As if i knew that there wud be a power cut ...Now this is gettin heights...he always vents his feelings on me...he....
             Ok back to power cut ...Dad wakes up cos it is too sultry to sleep in a room wid no fan...he is suprised to see all 3 of us in d dining table ....now that has been my dads wish !all of us sittin together n havin a meal ...v weren havin a meal although v were jus sittin together each pensive abt wat to do next ....So wt next....dad who is a lil elated to have all of us together starts tokin abt d importance of electricity...zzzz....i get a call YIPPEE!! i give a dirty look at my bro which says I-still-have-enough-charge-in-my-mob!!n he jus turns away..poor he...Its one of my frens she updates me of d fact tht there is no electricity at her place either ....v vent abt it for a while and then v go on wid our usual gossips abt who is goin out wid who... who broke up wid who...n how break ups ve become a trend...hw hurtful it is...how......
             ok again bk to power cut...i go on tokin wid her n many other frens who ve been callin me, conversations brimmin n bubblin wid interstin topics ...Although its a lil hard to tok wid full enthusiasm cos there is an eerie silence prevailin out there...so i jus contain myself n i go ahead wid d never endin stories...All of a sudden my mobile  lets out a beep indicatin me to put it for charge ...as if i wudn...1100 its jus tht i cant!!!pl don drain pl don drain ...i keep tellin this as if it ws some self hypnosis...but it is ruthless...it gives me three long beeps and it shows me a blank screen !god!! now i feel thoroughly dumb cud have saved some for later!!sheesh am snapped ties wid d entire world outside my house!!!
             i again get out of my room to c mom n grand mom makin a conventional meal without dependin on the electric cooker,grinder,or d mixie...Dad is engrossed in a book ,bro jus zoomed outta d house wid his bike (lucky guys!)there is no alternative left!!no comp,no mob,no mp3 ,no tv ..hold on may be i can read somethin!!i take a novel which i bought long bk but kept it the way it ws at d book stall...i read read n read till mom calls me to hav lunch....bro comes home by now all tire n weary ...v r in d table together havin our meal...dads long term wish is fulfilled...after lunch i again go back to read and i finsh d novel .....not bad my readin prowess r still intact...i don remeber the last time i finished a book in a couple of sittings...am driven to sleep n when i am up all i c is darkness which i saw when i ws asleep....
            i step outta d room after pushin n bumpin on to things ...i see a candle light flickerin again in todays most used room.. All of them again sittin n havin casual chats abt frens,work place, etc..i join in and v tok tok n tok all of a sudden i realise its been ages since i spoke to ppl at home like this...in spite of d heat n d damn mosquitoes, i did have a gud tym wid my family...v even spoke abt how less v ve been speakin off late ...hmm all cos v r a wrath to electricity...
           v decided to make it a point to talk on daily basis from ten to eleven...mom again served dinner for d day and v were amidst dinner when the power re gained....we all sighed a relief unanimously  n continued wid our meal....it suddenly striked me ...1100 needs to be charged ...dunno if it ws some kind of telepathy tht worked between me n my bro...together we bith headed straight to our respective mobile phones put them for charge and we impatiently switched them on to check out d new messages(of which we were flooded)...my fren who i last spoke to calls to update me again..."hey current vanditchu"!!sweet!!!then my plate still in hand mob in charge n in my ear i chew my food n simultaneously listen to her tokin....who on d other side is doin d same thing... 
          by the time i finish my meal grandmom is back to watch d last bit of her fav serial,mom again grindin d batter.dad tunin on to d radio for d days news,am  done talkin wid her n i go to bed...dawn n dusk pass by its now its ten pm me on orkut eatin my dinner simultaneously, bro wid his mob, dad listenin to AIR news,mom fidgettin wid d old mixie, gran mom cryin over d serial...now how much influence do edison n tesla have upon us???may be  v shud wait till d next power cut!!
           

5 comments:

~Deja Vu~ said...

Power Cut!! Now i've got a topic to build upon!!

The words were random.. But u know what I could literally imagine your house in front of my eyes!!

Way to go!! Great post!

Reflections said...

he he thnq!!!

Dimplicious said...

"gud so its not jus my place(mean me)"

Adi paavi!!!

"v vent abt it for a while and then v go on wid our usual gossips abt who is goin out wid who... who broke up wid who...n how break ups ve become a trend...hw hurtful it is...how...... "

Thirundhave maatiyae!!!Alwaz talkin abt others to sumbody!!cha cha cha...Seri namba eppo idha
pathi paesalam;)

" see a candle light flickerin again in todays most used room"

This is one nice line!!!

"v decided to make it a point to talk on daily basis from ten to eleven"

Appo...yaaru enkuda chat pannuva??unga daddy uh???erumai!!!

Newaz nice post...nalla velai naan anniku call pannala..indha same bit tae nee phone layum solliruppa:D

Reflections said...

he he he !!!kandipa pesalam...n no no no!!daddy pavam daddy pavam!!!thnks ma!!!

N.Praveenkumar(NPK) said...

gud one sindhu...! !